Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yesterday did not start well.

First, the shower in my bathroom broke and when I went to purchase a new assembly, the person at the hardware store dropped the box, and I found that it was broken when I got it to the house. Returns are not something a non native wants to get into, so I took parts for the old unit and fixed the new one. Most plumbing fixtures here come from China and are very easily broken, so I had to be extra careful installing the new fixture. I got it in and it works for now.

Second, I was just told that the washing machine is broken, and now I will need to see if I can fix that as well. I think I will go to La Palm hotel and have lunch and send some e-mails. You just about have to go to one of the hotels to get internet service.
I am back from lunch. The La Palm has a great grilled ham sandwich. It comes with french fries and a salad all for $4.35, but don’t expect to get in and out in a hurry. It usually takes 1 to 2 hours for lunch or dinner depending on what you order.

It is 3:00 PM and I need to get back to work. I guess I had better start on the construction estimates and see if there is any way we can reduce the cost. Hopefully, I will be at Sonrise School tomorrow and can take some pictures to post to Facebook. I also need to start working on the water well layout.

I did get a call tonight from the pastor in charge of the Anglican Cathedral while Bishop John is out of town. He asked if I would preach this Sunday at the English service. I don’t know what to think. The first preaching gig I get and it is at an Anglican Church - in Africa! I am looking forward to this opportunity, but I am nervous as well. Please pray that things go well and that they can understand me!


I guess you could call this my office since it is where I normally work.












Isaiah 58:12 - Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment