Monday, January 25, 2010

Church

I attended the English worship service at the Anglican Church (Bishop John’s church) in Musanze yesterday. It was an experience that is some what hard to describe. The underlying pattern for the service was Anglican with many of the prayers a true Anglican would recognize, but in addition there were modern choruses with the words projected on the wall at the side of the alter. There were also some standard hymns again with the words projected on the wall. On top of this there was a slight charismatic feel with some hand raising and some clapping. The service started at 7:30 am (don’t get any ideas Pastor Richard) and was attended by about 50 to 60 people. The majority were Rwandan with our group of seven Americans being the only ex-pats there. Overall it was a great experience! I think that I have found my church for my stay here in Rwanda and will mainly attend the 7:30 service, but I do plan to attend the later services at least once even though they will be in French.


After church yesterday was the first time that I felt really lonely. I missed family and friends and going to church at home. While I do have the “kids,” the generational difference does present an emotional gap. The problem however, went away this morning after I had a chance to talk with Susan. (Skype is a wonderful thing!)

For those of you who are into Google Earth, let me give you some coordinates so that you can find some of the areas where I will be working.

1. The Bridge2Rwanda House in Kigali - S01d 57.251’ E30d 3.909’

2. The Bridge2Rwanda House in Musanze – S01d 30.203’ E29d 37.894’

3. Ikiraro Chicken Houses - S01d 29.491’ E29d 40.606’

I will list coordinates for other locations later.

Today is a meeting and planning day. Hopefully I can get started on the water well at Sonrise in a few days and have that system installed soon. Thank you to everyone who is praying for me! It helps more that you can imagine. I want to say a special thanks to Sue Stancil. I wish you could be here - I know you would get a big kick out of “the kids” and would love the people, scenery, and culture in Rwanda.




Isaiah 58:12 - Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment