Saturday, January 23, 2010

Musanze

We made it to Musanze on Thursday afternoon and I was able to unpack and feel a little like I will be here for a while. I have gotten most of my things arranged in my little apartment, but I need to find a table I can use as a desk and a small book shelf. Hopefully I can find those in Musanze in the next few days and settle in for the long haul.


We (the “kids” and I) went to breakfast today at Hotel Gorillas and then drove around Musanze to see the major landmarks - hospital, market, hotels, ect. I am not sure when work will start in earnest, but it will take a few days for me to get my bearings. The next few days will be spent learning my way around and meeting the Rwandans that I will be working with on my projects.

I am looking forward to attending Bishop John’s church on Sunday and will let everyone know the how this American Baptist faired in a Rwandan Angelican Church.



Isaiah 58:12 - Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment